Houston Women in Health IT Panel Discussion
UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
7000 Fannin, 6th floor
Houston, TX, 77030
Please join the Houston HIMSS chapter for the first annual Women in Health IT panel discussion
5:00- 5:45 pm Panel Discussion
5:45- 6:00 pm Q&A
6:00- 7:00 pm Networking Session (drinks and appetizers will be provided)
We welcome our distinguished panelists from the Houston community, who will be discussing their experiences in the Health IT industry:
- Carla Giannoni, MD, CMIO Texas Children's Hospital
- Amanda Hammel, CIO, Memorial Hermann
- Angela Ross, DNP, Assistant Professor, UT Health School of Biomedical Informatics
- Gopi Wadhwa, Director Project Business Technology, Harris County Public Health
- Moderator: Nikki Blaze, Assistant Director of Enterprise Services, Texas Children's Hospital
At the end of this panel discussion, the attendee will be able to:
- Evaluate the role Health IT has played in their own career path
- Recognize and understand how to navigate the unique challenges faced by women in Health IT
- Implement strategies to help develop the next generation of women leaders in Health IT
- Discuss advice for young or early careerists who want to advance in Health IT
- Describe how to access the Women in Health IT community via the HIMSS website
"In our mission to improve health through the best use of information and technology, HIMSS is committed to advancing the careers of high-performing professionals. Join us in addressing the gender gap in health information and technology, and the need for more community, resources and recognition of women who have made a difference sector-wide. Engage with your peers and take the next step to further your career while connecting with and empowering women in our field".
ePlus is a leading consultative technology solutions provider that helps customers imagine, implement, and achieve more from their technology. With the highest certifications from top technology partners and lifecycle services expertise across key areas including security, cloud, data center, collaboration, networking and emerging technologies, ePlus transforms IT from a cost center to a business enabler. Founded in 1990, ePlus has more than 1,500 associates serving a diverse set of customers in the U.S., Europe, and Asia-Pac. The Company is headquartered at 13595 Dulles Technology Drive, Herndon, VA, 20171.
Connect with ePlus on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ePlus.